In my last post, I discussed three questions I ask about the physical requirements of a piece of copy.
But in this one, I’m going to dive into the six essential pieces of information you need to know about what you’re selling:
- Who’s the company, and are they well known or unknown to your audience?
- What is the actual product or service you’re selling?
- How can people get it?
- How do people know it’s safe to buy it?
- What are the features and benefits?
- What are you promising—why should people get it?
Who’s the company?
This first question is the most obvious. Who is the company? What do you know about them?